Organization Overload...


Day two of Counting Our Blessings and Looking Ahead Professional Resolutions Week!  Today Hope King at Second Grade Shenanigans is hosting and she is Oh.So.Cute!

I've been inspired by pinterest and eager to get working on these ideas during our upcoming teacher planning day in January!  

This school year I began organizing my charts on hangers.  Each year I change in hopes to having a better system.  I like the arrangement but spend too much time still hunting for what I need to use.  THEN I stumbled upon this pin...

Source: Mrs. Terhunes's First Grade

With binding rings, labels, and a set of shirt hangers the job will be complete.  You should really take a minute, click the picture, and link to her post. She has an additional post of all the different pinterest inspired charts that look real cute. 

Do you ever have a moment when you want to slap your head and ask why didn't I know about this?!?  A pin that had me doing just that was....

Source: Runde's Room

Notice the back side of the numbers.  Um, Magnetic Paper.  Yes, Please!!!!  I spend a ridiculous amount of time gluing, taping, and tacking velcro on everything.  Click the image and link to Runde's post.  She has the numbers as a freebie download.

I'm adding one last inspired idea.  I hate cords around desk.  Drives.ME.Nuts! This picture was featured by Kevin Sharkey of Martha Stewart's Website.  I added tablecloths under my technology work station but I kick the cords when I sit at the hub.  My fingers and toes are crossed that this will be the solution I need!

 Source: Martha Stewart

Hope from Second Grade Shenanigans is hosting a link and giveaway.  As with yesterday, don't delay!  The giveaway is closed tomorrow!!! 

4 comments:

Sarah Paul said...

Thanks for the ideas! I have a tiny classroom so it's so important to stay organized. These are some great ideas! I have so many chords around my desk and anchor charts coming out of my ears, so I can definitely use these ideas. Thanks!
Sarah
Sarah's First Grade Snippets

The Colorful Apple said...

Magnetic paper?? Shut the front door! I need to invest in some of that.

Sara :)
Smiling In Second Grade

Khrys said...

I looove your tips, thanks so much for sharing! I'm thrilled that I found your blog and am so happy to be your newest follower :) HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Courtney said...

Definitely need to get my hands on some magnetic paper! :)

-Courtney
http://2ndgradesnapshots.blogspot.com/